The Pearisburg Public Library opened its doors on February, 28, 1963.
In 1942, members of the Pearisburg Woman’s Club began a fundraising and advocacy campaign that lasted more than two decades. Originally located in Pearisburg Town Hall, the library moved to its current location, 209 Fort Branch Road, in the 90s.
Since its opening, the library has had four full-time librarians: Ruby Johnston from 1962-86, Sandra Robertson from 1986-2011, Birdie Moye from 2012-2017, and the current librarian, Allison Long, since March 2017.
The library currently has more than 8,000 cardholders, an automated card catalog system and a variety of programs for children and adults.